Your ability to accomplish any worthy goal depends on your reason for doing it in the first place. The bigger the goal, the bigger your why needs to be to get you through the trials and tribulations associated with the road toward it. As for me, I have the following reasons why.
1) My children deserve for me to be home more. I had to list this first for a number of reasons – not the least of which is I am totally in love with my children and want nothing more than for them to grow up to be happy, healthy, well-adjusted assets to society. Once my income isn’t tied to my time, I will be able to do the things for them that my mom didn’t have time to do for us.
2) My wife deserves for me to be home more. Raising five children is hard work. She didn’t sign up to do it on her own. Don’t get me wrong, my wife is a wonderful mother, accomplished caretaker and patient teacher to all my children (some days are better than others to be sure) but she and I together can do things that neither of us can do alone. Once I have more control of my schedule, I can be the help she deserves.
3) I can accomplish more for more people with a more flexible schedule. People in my life don’t have needs that fit neatly into the “after-hours” box. Sometimes, I need to be able to go to a friend or family member in the middle of the day or night. The ability to work my business around my schedule makes it possible to be there for them in their time of need without regard to where I have to be the next day.
4) If I have more, I can give more. If I had a million dollars, how easy would it be for me to give away to ten thousand? For that matter, how easy would it be for me to give away a hundred thousand? The thought of scarcity or lack is the reason for many problems in the world. I would like to be one that is a source of plenty for others.
5) My success will be an example for others to follow. There are many people today that need to believe they can do great things. I will achieve my goals. That will show others that they can too.
These reasons keep me going when I feel like throwing in the towel. What’s your reason why? What will keep you going?